I was doing my daily Bible reading today and came across some verses that I just had to read again:
35. ‘Vengeance is Mine, and retribution, In due time their foot will slip ; For the day of their calamity is near, And the impending things are hastening upon them.’
36. “For the LORD will vindicate His people, And will have compassion on His servants, When He sees that their strength is gone, And there is none remaining, bond or free.
37. “And He will say, ‘Where are their gods, The rock in which they sought refuge ?
38. ‘Who ate the fat of their sacrifices, And drank the wine of their drink offering ? Let them rise up and help you, Let them be your hiding place !
39. ‘See now that I, I am He, And there is no god besides Me; It is I who put to death and give life. I have wounded and it is I who heal, And there is no one who can deliver from My hand.
40. ‘Indeed, I lift up My hand to heaven, And say, as I live forever,
41. If I sharpen My flashing sword, And My hand takes hold on justice, I will render vengeance on My adversaries, And I will repay those who hate Me.
42. ‘I will make My arrows drunk with blood, And My sword will devour flesh, With the blood of the slain and the captives, From the long-haired leaders of the enemy.’
43. “Rejoice, O nations, with His people ; For He will avenge the blood of His servants, And will render vengeance on His adversaries, And will atone for His land and His people.”
— Deuteronomy 32: 35-43 (NASB)